UPLanD promotes an interdisciplinary approach to urban planning, landscape and environmental design as an effective form of the governance - sustainable and eco-efficient - of processes for the protection, enhancement and development of urban contexts. In publishing research and experimentation results and innovative solutions, expressing positions toward current issues, and suggesting new avenues of research and product and process innovation, the journal aims to:
- disseminate meaningful, responsible, accurate and independent contributions in the field of urban planning, landscape and environmental design, which are supported by research and original experiments carried out both in scientific environments and practice;
- provide an international comparison tool for research work being done on the subject of the sustainable governance of the built environment, in view of the advancement of knowledge, methods and tools in comparison with the global scientific community;
- promote the dissemination of research and experimentation, whose results and effects are of interest due to their social, economic, environmental, cultural and ecological impact;
- promote the recognition of scientific contributions according to the criteria for the evaluation of research in the academic field, as defined internationally;
- offer young researchers a user friendly environment for the promotion and dissemination of products in the international scientific community and for the relevant measurement of their impact;
- promote the sustainable governance of the territory as a central and essential strategy for the growth of the collective well-being;
- promote encounters / comparisons among scientific researchers, the profession, producers and decision makers.
UPLanD operates under a continuous publication model. Once an article is in its final form, after editing, double-blind peer review process and proofreading, it is immediately published online, with references to be cited and definitive page numbers, into one of the two annual issues. This means that current issues are built up gradually throughout the year. The first issue of every year closes on June. The second issue closes on December.
Article Processing Charge
UPLanD does not ask economic contribution to the authors but, in order to maintain a high level of international quality, all articles, before being published, undergo a rigorous double-blind peer review process.
Vol 4 No 1: Urban Water Management 2.0
The data collected from registered and non-registered users of this journal falls within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals. It includes information that makes communication possible for the editorial process; it is used to informs readers about the authorship and editing of content; it enables collecting aggregated data on readership behaviors, as well as tracking geopolitical and social elements of scholarly communication.
This journal’s editorial team uses this data to guide its work in publishing and improving this journal. Data that will assist in developing this publishing platform may be shared with its developer Public Knowledge Project in an anonymized and aggregated form, with appropriate exceptions such as article metrics. The data will not be sold by this journal or PKP nor will it be used for purposes other than those stated here.
The authors published in this journal are responsible for the human subject data that figures in the research reported here.
Those involved in editing this journal seek to be compliant with industry standards for data privacy, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provision for “data subject rights” that include (a) breach notification; (b) right of access; (c) the right to be forgotten; (d) data portability; and (e) privacy by design.
The GDPR also allows for the recognition of “the public interest in the availability of the data,” which has a particular saliency for those involved in maintaining, with the greatest integrity possible, the public record of scholarly publishing.